Tuesday 18 October 2016

Life as a Picky Eater ...

So I am a picky eater. I always have been a picky eater, and probably always will be. I do not do it on purpose, to be awkward I would love to eat anything and everything but I just can't bring myself to. As a child it can be quite annoying for the people around you but people always assume you will grow out of it and I just never did. The difference now is that I am slightly more open to trying new things I tried Quorn for the first time today and it wasn't too bad, I mean i still prefer meat but its ok, I'll eat it. I tried spring onions for the first time only a few weeks ago and I actually really like them. The hard part is being frustrated when you try things and you really do not like them.

Fruits and vegetables tend to be my main problems, parts of your diet that are necessary if you are going to eat healthily. I do eat some fruits and vegetables, just not a lot. Here is a picture of literally all of the fruits and veggies I will eat normally...


Yes, literally that is it. It is because I am so awkward when it comes to food I have learned to love cooking and using spices to make my food that would always be very similar taste different and making it different by using different carbohydrates and meats. As you can see my salads are not anything special, but I will eat them.

I always found it so awkward eating other peoples food, and sometimes even going out to eat just because i never know whats in it and if i find something that I don't like in the food even if up until that moment I have been enjoying it I just cannot bring myself to eat it anymore it is strange I know but this is what is going to encourage me to try new recipes and attempt to start slowly trying more food into my meals.

If anyone has any tips on how to make salads for picky people like me that hate salad or any tips to make them better please feel free to let me know. Also if you have any fruits and veggies that you think might be up my street please let me know and I'll give them a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment